Monday, June 6, 2016

May 30th, 2016

Hola Familia!! 
 
This week has been interesting to say the least! Between my sinus infection and my companion being sick we didn't work. So a lot of down time! But I did get to go on some splits with some members! It was way fun!  
 
Our investigator, Marcelo, is now a member of the ward choir! He is so awesome and his baptism is this Saturday!! We taught him the plan of salvation this week and he didn't know that we lived with Heavenly Father before we came to this earth. He was sooo excited and so happy. It really makes me so happy to see others find joy in the gospel. It made me think about how much joy I receive from the gospel! 
 
This week I learned a very important lesson. This week our dear friend and comforter died, our water heater! Don't worry they got us a new one but it just is not the same. We have about two minutes of hot water and then nothing else. It is almost a game to see how much you can get done before the hot water is gone haha.
 
So this week I had one day where it was just really tough. I was super stressed out and I did not feel good at all. I was on the verge of tears and I just felt like I couldn't do it. So I said a prayer asking for help to be able to do what I needed to. As soon as I said my prayer I felt a little bit better and the words, Kenzie, Kenzie, Kenzie came into my mind. Just like Grandpa would do on the sidelines of my soccer games. 
 
I know the mission isn't always going to be easy and neither is life. But we have someone watching over us at all times who loves us and wants the best for us. All we have to do is ask for his help and he will do it! I know that Heavenly Father is aware of every single one of us and what we need. I know the Jesus Christ can understand everything feeling we have and through him we can find comfort and forgiveness. I know the Book of Mormon is true and we can find strength and answers there as well. I love you all and this gospel. Have a great week and take a hot shower for me!! 
 
Love,
Hermana Rich
Just a little throw back with Hermana Mortensen

Hermana Rich trying to get over being sick!

Hermana Rich trying to stay warm during scripture study!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment