Monday, February 1, 2016

1/25/16

So we got some clarification on the blog.  I can post on the blog.  But I need to make it perfectly clear that this is Kim (Mackenzie's Mom) posting on this blog and not her.  She doesn't have access to this blog and anything posted here will ALWAYS be from me.  (At least until June of 2017 when she will come home!)  When it sounds like her writing, that is because she always sends me an email from her to post to all of you!  It is NEVER her posting to this blog!  With that being said, here is her email from last week!


Hey everyone!!

I hope you all have had a great past week! This week was a little interesting for me! I got the gripe, or the flu! I have got to say that the flu here is way different than back at home! I would take the flu back at home over the one here any day. I kinda felt like I was dying..and that is me not being dramatic or anything hahaha. So unfortunately I was only able to work two full days this past week! It doesn´t help that it has been so hot outside but I am way better now!!

Also, our washing machine is broken! So I get to wash all of my clothes by hand today, yay! When the machine is on it takes our power so before we figured out that it was the washing machine we would sometimes have to plan in the dark! haha But we are hopefully getting a new one soon!

We had the opportunity to teach Sunday school again yesterday and it was pretty fun! Once again, I love teaching! We taught a lesson with this lady this week and these were here exact words: I believe the Book of Mormon is true but I just don't want to change. WHAT?! It is times like these that I know the Lord is really trying to teach me patience! But I still love her and we are gong to try and help her! We also found a less active family at the end of last week and had our first lesson with them this week! Well it turns out that there are three families living together, all related, but one of the daughters is eight and hasn't been baptized. We taught the restoration of the gospel with them and this little girl was super interested so the Grandma went and woke up the mom and asked her if she could be baptized! The grandma walked out and said oh she can be baptized so we committed her and the whole family came to church yesterday and the little girl loved it! So we are super excited about that! We are working with two other main investigators but they don't have dates yet! One of them was baptized but he doesn't understand that he needs to be baptized with the proper authority! But they are all super great and they understand me so that is good! Plus the more I am around them the more I understand too! 

The whole two weeks I have been out here I have realized we witness a miracle every single day. Every single day we see Heavenly Father´s hand at work! For example, yesterday our lunch fell through and we weren't quite sure what we were going to do because we didn't have food and we can't go buy any on Sundays! ( We didn't have food because the majority of it has been gong bad because our fridge doesn't work right lol we are working on that too!) Well we were talking to a lady in the Ward and she randomly said you should come over for lunch. We explained our dilemma and she said she had gone grocery shopping the day before and felt impressed to buy more food than she needed and so she had plenty! I know that isn't a major miracle or anything but it was a miracle none the less! Just goes to show that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us and what we need even before we know what we need!

I have been studying the atonement a lot this week and I can't begin to explain my gratitude for my savior! It is so important that we use the atonement daily! It is through the atonement that we can be with our families forever and live with Heavenly Father again. Through the atonement we can receive comfort! Jesus Christ knows exactly what we are feeling. He took on every sin for every person in the world and all he asks for in return is that we live his commandments. I have never used the atonement more in my life than right now. Heavenly Father knows our thoughts and the intents of our hearts and so he knows every single mistake we make, big or little! But the size of our sin is not important because the atonement covers it all! All we have to do is ask for forgiveness! I am so grateful for the atonement because I want to live with my family forever and I know that it is only through the atonement and the sacrifice that my Savior made that that is even a possibility. I know that this gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and when we read it we are truly reading the words of God and that we can find any answer we need through diligent study of the Book of Mormon. I know that we have the true authority of God on the Earth today! I know that baptism is not the end but merely the beginning and that we can renew our covenants each week by taking the sacrament and we can start each week fresh! I know that Our Heavenly Father answers our prayers if we will have the patience to know it is in his time and He knows what is best for us. I know that God lives and loves us! I love my mission and I am so excited for the work ahead! I hope you all have a great week! Know that I pray for you all every day and I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Rich
 
Sky view of part of Mackenzie's area

Another sky view shot

Back of the Catholic church near where she lives

Mackenzie's desk.  Looks like lots of studying in Spanish!

And just a side not from me, Mackenzie is feeling much better and she has been asked to sing at a special sister missionary conference.  Wish we could all be there to hear it, but I am sure it will be amazing!  Thank you all for checking in!
Kim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment