Monday, February 1, 2016

2/1/19

Kim here again!  Another Monday down and another fun email from Mackenzie. (Allen informed me yesterday only 70 more Sundays to go!) She has been busy and is loving her mission!  Here is her latest email and pictures!  Hope you enjoy reading it!


Hi everyone!
 
This week has been great! We have one investigator, Angelina, She is the lady who said she knew the book of mormon was true but didn't want to change! Well this week we talked with her more and talked about how God only has one way for us to return to him and that the sacerdocio or priesthood is they key that opens that door! She then asked if she could just break the door down haha but she is great! We had a Noche de Hogar or family home evening with the Blanco family and our investigator Victoria! The Blanco Family is soo amazing! I love them so much! I always talk about soccer with them and the other day their seven year old son brought out all their cleats and was talking to me about them and what he does at practice and stuff! Way fun! Also, We have this less active member, Miguel! He is so funny! So he doesn't come to church becaus he refuses to come wearing anything but shorts and a t shirt!Well the other day we ran into him and he said he had something for us and ran behind this random house and gave us this window screen! So funny haha. This week I have been studying more about patience and how we need to trust in the lord and his timing. We need to bear our trials with patience because we are given them to help us learn and grow! I really have been trying to have more patience with everything that is going on around me and have patience with myself and the language! I know it takes time and that the Lord requires us to work for our answers! We have alot of people who straight out tell us we are wrong and don't know what we are talking about and it makes me sick to my stomach! Because I know without a doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I know that through Him we can be with our families forever. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesús Christ and when we read it and study it daily we draw closer to Him and can understand what God desires of us! I know that God always provides a way for us if we will turn to him! I live on my knees out here and constantly am praying for different things! I love this góspel and all that it brings me! I love you all and pray for you every week! I am sorry the letter isn't very long I will do better rnext week! 

Love,

Hermana Rich
 
The entry hallway where Mackenzie lives

She said they call this chicken pizza!

The infamous "screen"

The Blanco family

Mackenzie at El Campo, where the city is more worn down
On a funny note, Mackenzie also found out that her companion is from Woodscross High school in Utah!  Her companion was at the same choir festival that Mackenzie was at in San Diego a few years ago.  Small world!  Anyways, Woodscross came into the festival and beat out Fountain Valley who had a long run at first place.  Well when it came time for the awards, Mackenzie was so excited that Fountain Valley got beat that when they announced Woodscross as the winner Mackenzie was jumping up and down and cheering.  Her companion told her that they all told funny stories about the girl who was so excited that they won and she wasn't even from Woodscross high school.  Well that girl was Mackenzie and now she is companions with the girl from Woodscross.  Amazingly small world.  Love you all and thanks for reading about Mackenzie's time in Uruguay!

No comments:

Post a Comment