Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8th, 2016 - 2 months down, 16 to go!

Kim here!  Just posted this weeks email and pictures!  Thank you for taking the time to read and check in on Mackenzie.  She is doing great and loving the mission!!!  Feel free to email her! Mackenzie.Rich@myldsmail.net.  Hope you all have a great week!
 
 
Hello Everyone!

Well this week has been pretty crazy! But that is how it is here in Uruguay! For example this morning I went to take a shower right? Seems like a normal simple thing..but no! So my companion went and put her laundry in the machine ( we got a new one yay) and the power went out! So we had to turn the power back on! Then I go to turn the shower on and we have absolutely zero wáter pressure to the point where no wáter is coming out of the shower head...then it finally kicks in and we have no hot wáter! But that is okay at least we have a shower right? So I am showering and the power goes out and this time stays out..so I got to shower in the dark!! Hahaha 

But really I am loving it out here! You never know what to expect! The other day when I had intercambios (exchanges-this is where they swap companions for the day) my companion and I went and started talking with this guy and he kept saying this word we didn't know. So he said he would show us! The next thing I know this guy walks out with a dead, frozen armadillo!! He had skinned the face and when you flipped it over he had taken all of its insides and was keeping it in his freezer!! After he was done showing us he handed it to his five year old son to go put back in the freezer. What is that?! haha It was pretty funny and definitely not something I was expecting! But hey it is a good story! 

This week my companion and I got to go to Durazno for a baptism and we got to sing as well! So that was pretty exciting! And to go along with traveling we have to go to Montevideo twice this week for conferencias! So I am pretty excited! In one of the conferences my companion and I have to run the workshop which is a 45 minute class for our zone! 

Last night we had a family home evening with some recent converts! Well they had forgotten about it so they were cleaning up really quick right? So we are helping entertain there three little kids and the dad disappears! Next thing we know he comes running back with all this soda and food! He had gone to the store and bought all this stuff for the fhe(family home evening)...thanks for breaking the sabbath day to feed us? haha it was pretty funny! 

We currently have about six solid investigators! Two of which have baptism dates set! One of them is Angelina, the lady who said she wasn't going to change! I am so excited for her! She is so sweet and so fantastic! We just have to help her meet all of the requirements for baptsim! 

Last week for a zone meeting our zone went and visited the huge cathedral here! It was pretty interesting to have all these mormon missionaries walking around the catholic church but the building is insane and super cool!

Well that is about all I have got for you! But I love you all so much! And I want all of you to know that I know that this góspel is true. That Heavenly Father sent us here to Earth to gain experience and learn. But also, to have families and find joy in this life. When things get tough always turn to our Heavenly Father. Every trial he gives us is one we can support and overcome with his help! When we want to talk to God we pray and when we want him to talk to us we read the scriptures! This is why it is so important to study the scriptures everyday! I know that the Book Of Mormon is the Word of God. I know that through the atonemnet of Jesús Christ we can find forgiveness, comfort, and be with our families for the eternitities. I love this góspel so much and I am so grateful for it and the knowledge and comfort it brings me! I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week and can recognize the Lord's hand in your life a little more!

Love,

Hermana Rich
 
Eating burgers with Hermana Mortensen

On exchanges

Exchange with Hermana Bagley

Yay!!!She got our package!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment