Wednesday, May 11, 2016

April 18, 2016


Hola Familia! 

Once again this week was crazy!!! The weather here has been absolutely insane. We had a tornado in the mission next to ours, bordering our mission. We have been walking in at least seven inches of rain everyday, and my zone leaders and district leader were almost hit by lighting. Sooo as a result we couldn't go out and work yesterday! It really has been the craziest thing. We have water seeping in through the roof and everything in my proselyting bag is in zip lock bags. My bag is water proof but there is just so much rain that it seeps through! It is so crazy! So that has been our week but we have had a ton of success, igual..how do you say that in english? Uhhh.. despite the rain haha. 

This week we had intercambios and it was the first time I could work a full day in a very long time! As a result we gave out 17 folletos and found 17 future investigators, the majority of which were really awesome! The Lord definitely prepares people to receive the gospel! Speaking of which, Franco! We talked to his parents and they gave him permission to be baptized so we have a baptsim on the 30!! Yay! He is seriously so amazing and akward..which I think is why we get along so well hahaha. 

 So I wanted to share some thoughts with you guys! In Mosiah 2 verses 5 and 6 it talks about how all the people have come to listen to the profeta with their doors facing the temple. How can we have our doors facing the temple? Of course I don't mean literally,..it would be pretty cool if we could though! But the temple is our eternal goal. We can recieve the fulness of the gospel and all that the gospel has to offer in the temple. So how do we have our doors facing the temple always? By living the gospel right? But we are not perfect.  I have been thinking alot about what I want to improve on to be a better missionary, represenative of Christ, and daughter of God. The list started to get very long and I started to stress out a little bit, not going to lie. Then the scripture from 1 Nephi 3:7 came into my mind...I will go and do the things that the Lord has commanded for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them. Heavenly Father knows we aren't perfect and we never will be in this life. But he does  expect to us to perfectly try..it makes sense in my head..and in spanish lol. But yeah! We just need to be trying our best everyday to live the gospel and slowly but surely our doors will not only be facing the temple, but they will stay there as we continue to strive to be the best we can be! I want to invite you all to think in what you can do this week to live the gospel of Jesus Christ in your lives a little better this week. It might be changing the music you listen to, or finding more time to read your scriptures. It doesn't matter how big or small it is, every little bit helps and the Lord will bless you for it!  I love this gospel and I know it is true without a doubt in my mind! I know that Heavenly Father is aware of every sinlge one of us and that we are his children. I hope you have a great week and recognize the hand of the Lord in your life a little more this week as you turn your doors towards the temple!
 
Love,
Hermana Rich
 
Hermana Rich & Paul "Chorizo changed my life!"
 
 
 
Another care package!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment