Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 2, 2016


Hola family and friends! 

This week was really good! We had our baptism on Saturday!! 

The baptism was seriously so smooth! Our bishop Presidente Tabo planned all of it! All we had to do was show up and do a musical number with the elders! The following day Franco was confirmed and received the sacerdocio (priesthood)! The really exciting part was that his parents were there for all of it!! It was really amazing. We had youth do all of the program! We also had our investigator Raquel there! She said she loved seeing all the youth there and she is going to try and bring her son! The Lord really is just preparing people for us every where we go! 

On that note we also found a new investigator this week! It was a reference that we contacted! Her name is Sara and she is an old woman. We clapped at her door and when we explained who we were she said invited us in and told us she wanted to hear about the message that we had! What? It was so fantastic and she is the sweetest old lady!  

We also had our entrevistas(interviews) with President cook this past week! He told me that pretty much all of the Hermanas this change are going to be switched up and to be prepared because I am most likely not staying in my area! I was sooo sad. I mean I know it is coming but I just love my area and the people so much. We are finally starting to see so much progress here and we work so well with the members. At church yesterday we had three menos activo families in the church and three investigators! And every single one of them were sitting with a member! Then to add on top of that every person who bore their testimony welcomed Franco into the ward and said something to his parents! But I know that where ever I get sent to next is where the Lord needs me!  

So this week I wanted to share a scripture in Mosiah 7:33! I really just love this scripture. But something that really stood out to me this morning as I was reading it is that the Lord will help us according to HIS will. The scriptures don't say that we will get what we want when we want it. In the Lord's time and in the Lord's way will get what we need. I have been thinking alot about how to align my will with the Lord´s because that is an obvious part of consegration ( I think that is what it is in English). But the law of consegration..or maybe it is consecration...? Anyways, that law doesn't just apply to missionaries we can be consecrated in any moment in our lives if we choose too! But like the scripture also says we have to serve him with all diligence of mind! I know that as we strive to align our will with the Lord's we will become better instruments in the Lord's hands. I have seen that so many times in my mission and I know I will be blessed to see more as I do my part! I love this gospel, I love my mission, and I love my savior! I hope you all have a fantastic week and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! 

Love, 

Hermana Rich

Franco, his parents, Hermana Rich & Hermana Paul

Franco, the Young Men from the ward, Hermana Rich & Hermana Paul

Hermana Rich, Franco, Juaquin, Hermana Paul
 

No comments:

Post a Comment