Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22, 2016


Hola familia!!  

This week has been really great!! 

In our zone we have been working afulaso(a lot/so hard)!! We had 959 contacts 47 new investigators and 21 investigators in the church in one week! We have ten companionships in our zone. We are leading the mission by far and we can really see a difference in our areas! We were super excited! Hermana Harpole and I had to plan a zone activity and it turned out super well!! We did minute to win it games! Then at the end w did toilet paper dress up with the zone leaders and played ultimate Frisbee! It was a blast and everyone seemed to like it!  

I can't remember if I mentioned this last week, but we found a new family to teach. The thing about Uruguay is that NO ONE is married so of course this cute little family is not married. Well we had our second charla(lesson) with them this week and in the first charla the dad said that he didn't believe in marriage, right? So when we had our second charla we invited them to be baptized and they said they had already talked about it and that they wanted to be baptized. So I explained what the requisites(requirements) were and they said okay we will get married then. Just like that! Then they came to church on Sunday and stayed for al three hours!! Talk about miracles right!! 

Also, Antonio received the Aaronic priesthood on Sunday and he was soooo happy!  

Another fun adventure that happened this week is that my companion and I got lost in the middle of Montevideo at six in the morning this week! We had intercambios (Kim here...exchanges-this is where they change companions for the day) in another area with our sister training leaders and I didn't know how to get back. Well they told me any bus going to Montevideo would end at the bus terminal and from there I knew how to get home...Well it turns out that was a lie. But we were able to find our way to another bus terminal and get home. I was actually quite impressed that I knew enough about Montevideo to know what to ask and how to get there!! The mission is always an adventure to say the least!  

So that is about all that I have for you this week! I have just really enjoyed working with the members and talking to EVERYONE! My comp and I did 81 contacts this week and we have sooo many charlas lined up! We are just flooding the earth with the gospel, I guess you could say!! But I love you all very much and I hope you all have a great week! 

Love, 

Hermana Rich
 
Hermana Rich in Meronas



Zone Activity

More zone activity fun

Hermana Rich & Harpole



Hermanas Peay, Rich, Harpole and Paul

Hermana Rich & Harpole

No comments:

Post a Comment