Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 9, 2017

Hola familia!! 

I am sorry that I didn't get the chance to write last week! I got sick with the flu in the middle of writing and had a fun vomit attack in front of cyber! But on the bright side I learned I can throw up and still manage to function in Spanish..or in other words help my companion call a taxi and tell him where we were while being sick! The mission is DEFINITELY an adventure!! 

Besides starting my week with that it ended up being a great week!! We finally had the baptism for the Rodriguez Family!! The adversary worked really hard to make that baptism never happen! First we had to put the baptism back a week because they cut the water off at the church. Then we still didn't have water and our DOM (Ward mission leader) had to go to the hospital sick. But we hooked up a hose to a water source outside and the second counselor came and helped us!! It was a great baptism. The spirit was so strong and now they have made the goal to prepare to enter the temple to be sealed as an eternal family a year from now!!   

We also had our oro conference this week all the way out in Montevideo!! It was fun but kind of a bummer because we were away from our area so we didn't get too much work done. But we are trying really hard to find new people to teach!! But the Lord has been blessing us while I have been sick to be able to find new people through references or old investigators!! I really have seen that there is nothing that stops the work from progressing because this is the true gospel and this is the Lord's work!! 

Also, a fun note! I finally finished Alma in the Book of Mormon and I am almost done with Helaman!! I am still reading it all in Spanish and I still feel like I am learning so much more from reading it in Spanish! We have been inviting all of our investigators, recent converts, and members to start reading the Book of Mormon with the goal to finish it by the end of the year!! I would like to make the same invitation to you guys!! I have really come to know my Savior through the Book of Mormon and we truly can find all the answers we need through this sacred book of scriptures!! 

But I love you all and I hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Love,
Hermana Rich










No comments:

Post a Comment