Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 23, 2017...Final Email


IMG_1172.JPG


Hola familia!! 

What a GREAT week we had!! We ended the week with Adan, Cristina, and Mara getting baptized! We haven't had a baptism in our area in over a year!! Then on top of that the hermanas that share the ward with us had two baptisms the same day! So en fin we had  reunion baptismal with 5 people getting baptized!! We had so many people at the service that there were not enough seats!! We had people standing up!! It was amazing! I cannot begin to express how it feels as a missionary to see these people that you have come to love enter into this holy promise with their heavenly father! 
This week we also had a conference with elder packer and it was awesome!! He is truly a servant of the Lord! Something that he shared is that your loved ones who have already passed away are praying for us. It was obviously something I knew but it didn't hit me that hard until he shared it. Think of it, so many people praying for us here and on the other side of the veil! We are truly never alone and we have sooo much support! It really comforted me! 

Another fun thing that happened this week is I went and took out my Uruguayan ID so I am officially an Uruguayan, just like I wanted haha! It was an interesting experience to see how the government works here, but way fun! 

I must admit, this week has also been the hardest week of my mission! Don't get me wrong I am so excited to see all of you but Uruguay truly holds a piece of my heart. I am so grateful for my mission and the things that I have learned here! The mission is like no other and it is the best decision that I have made in my life. Of course, I have had hard things that have happened on my mission but I have never gone to bed a single night thinking that today was a bad day. There is so much joy to be found in the gospel and in missionary work. There is a scripture in Alma 29:9 that says, I know what the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory in myself but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory that I may be an instrument in the Hands of God to bring some soul unto repentance and this is my joy. This is how I feel about my mission. There is no greater joy that we can feel than being instruments in the hands of God. I have not only been able to help others on their road to repentance, but also myself. The mission has changed me, becoming truly converted unto the gospel has changed me. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ.  I know that our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ live. They live, they love us, and they want the best for us. I know that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet and restored the true church, I know that he translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. The book of Mormon is true and has all the power we need to be able to overcome the temptations that surround us. I know that Thomas S. Monson is Heavenly Father's prophet here on the earth to guide us. I don't have a a single doubt in my mind of these things. And these are all things that we all can come to know. That is what is so amazing about the gospel is that we don't have to trust in what other people tell us. We can ask Heavenly Father in prayer and he will answer us! I have seen so many miracles here and learned so much that all these things are things that I cannot deny. I love my mission, I love the gospel, I love my Savior and I love my Heavenly Father.  

Love, 

Hermana Mackenzie Rich 




IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG


IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG
Thank you Romina for taking care of our missionary and making her favorite apple pie!  We love you!

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_1174.JPG





IMG_1171.JPG


IMG_1186.JPG


 IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG



IMG_1157.JPG
What a great way to end the mission.....multiple batisms!

No comments:

Post a Comment