Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 29, 2016

Hello Everyone,

Kim here!  Sorry it's taken me a little while to update the blog.  But it is now updated and so much has happened.  But I had to get it updated so that I could get the latest letter posted in the hopes that you might read it and find some comfort in her letter, especially to all of our family!  We love you all and even though the circumstances were sad, it was wonderful to be with our family this past week!

Love,
Kim


Hola Familia! Como estan? So this week has been very interesting to say the least. The perfect scripture to describe it is D & C 58:4 For after much tribulation come the blessings.  This week has been super difficult for me but also super rewarding as well. 

To start off the week I was in bed..all day everyday. My knee was just getting worse and worse no matter what I did. My circulation wasn't functioning properly and as a result my whole lower leg and foot was swollen. Super fun stuff right? I was talking to the mission nurse (who happens to be my new companion yay!) and the area medical advisor had already sent in a recommedation for a medical release. That entire night I just kept praying and praying because in all reality I needed a miracle. I could barely walk and my leg was enormous! The next morning I woke up super early and I just kept praying. I decided to try bending my knee during exercise and low and behold my knee went back into place! I instantly felt relief and my color started getting better. I called the nurse and told her what had happened and she immediately called president. President said ¨well that is good because I was going to send her home! That my friends is a miracle and the story of how I escaped mission death!! 

This also happened the day after I found out about the passing of my grandpa. This news was something that I knew would come during the mission but I did not imagine would come so soon. But another blessing the Lord has given me during my mission is the ability to stay calm and stable no matter what is going on around me. My mission has been anything but smooth so far but I have always been able to keep it together and this time was no different. Don't get me wrong I am super sad but then I came upon a scripture in Alma 28:12 and it talks about those who passed are in a state of never ending happiness. This shift in our family is not the easiest for anyone and I can only imagine that it has all hit us a little differently. But something that we all have in common is we have one person who knows EXACTLY what we are feeling. Christ not only came to this earth to atone for our sins but to bring us comfort during times of trials. Christ felt it all; the good, the bad, the heartache, the joy. Through him we receive all the blessings we need. But the time we have now we need to treat as a blessing as well. Now is the time we have to prepare to return to our Father in Heaven. We will be judged based on our good works. It is like we all have a book and every little thing we do is written down. Christ´s blood erases all the bad decisions or mistakes we make in this life. But if we don't do anything good while we are here we are going to have an empty book to present to Heavenly Father when that day comes. 

We have eternal bound covenants that we can make on this earth to keep our families together but all depends on how we live in this life. This is why we need to be doing all that we can to live in a lifestyle conducive to having the spirit with us to help make righteous choices. This life isn't easy and never will be but luckily we have been given all the tools we need to make it through this life and enjoy it while we are here too. 

I know that Christ lives and because He lives we will too one day. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God that truly testifies of Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and through his atoning sacrifice we can live with our families forever. I know th
at God has a plan specific for each and every one of us. I know that plan is perfect and for more better than the plan we have for ourselves. I know this gospel is true. I have seen the blessings that have come directly from reading the scriptures every day, praying to my Father in Heaven, and trying my best to live in a way that would make my Heavenly Father proud. I know that this is where I am supposed to be and even though Grandpa isn't here physically anymore we now have someone on the other side of the veil walking beside us and cheering us on every step of the way.

I love you all so much and I hope you will all take the time to prepare for general conference this week! Have a fantastic week and I will talk to you next week! 

Lesamo! 

Hermana Rich


dessert arroz con leche

Lopez Family

The distric

Ward Mission Leader, Hermana Mortensen and Rich

We will all miss Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment