Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 3, 2016


Hola familia!! 

This week has been pretty good with general conference and what not!! 

Well to start off I officially have ten months in the mission, yay!! I also had the worst lunch of my life on the mish this week and one of the best so that was fun! Hermana Peay sprained her ankle last week and it still hasn't healed so she has been in the house. Hermana Paul and I went to lunch like normal and this poor little lady had made lunch for four hermanas and not two. So to start off it was a TON of food...then as I was eating I realized I was eating mondongo. For those of you who don't know that is the stomach lining of a cow. I just about died. Two huge bowls later I came home and just about drowned in my tears. But I survived and that is all that matters. We also had a meeting with hermana eddy this week and she ended up taking my companion and I out to lunch. We had the most amazing crepes ever!! I had a carne crepe with cheese and all of this yummy stuff and it was one of the best meals I have ever had! 

This week Hermana Mejia and I went around Pando putting up flyers inviting people to come to conference and it was super fun! We actually got a new investigator at the church from it!! We also had to watch general conference in Spanish and I understood all of it! I was super excited!! 

I actually went to conference with some specific questions that I wanted answered and I received answers to all of them!! Today I was reading in my scriptures and thinking about all the counsel I had received from conference and a scripture came into my mind. It is 2 Nephi 9 verse 29. It talks about how it is good to be counseled by the Lord if we will actually listen to it. We have received two days of counsel from God's servants. Now we need to choose if we are actually going to apply it. We can take all the notes we want and sit and listen to those talks over and over again but until we actually make a change we haven't really learned or done anything. I have been studying my notes and trying to think of ways to apply what I have learned. It doesn't have to be a big change }, start with something little. The Lord doesn't care how fast we are going He only cares in what direction we are headed. I know if we apply what we have learned we will be headed in the right direction. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!  

Love, 

Hermana Rich
 
Pando with Hermana Paul

Celebrating the 10 month mark in Pando



 
 
Putting up fliers inviting people to watch conference!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment