Monday, April 10, 2017

April 3, 2017

Hello fam!!

Man, what a great week!! I have to say, general conference is better than Christmas when you are on the mission!! I absolutely loved it!!! There were sooo many amazing talks and things to take away from this conference!! We watched conference in the stake center! Hardly any of the members came but we ended up having four investigators come! Two of which it was their first time and they loved it!! We just kept inviting everyone to the conference because you can always count on the prophet to bring the spirit into the room!! I just love President Monson and our leaders so much! I was talking with Hermana Chadwick and every time I hear just one of them speak, doesn't matter what it is, I just get such a strong sense of peace! I truly know that these men are called of God! 

So we have two investigators, Raquel and Alicia! Raquel has Parkinsons disease and can't walk very much and Alicia is her sister who lives with her and helps take care of her! They both had agreed to go to conference but we had to find people to take them and bring them back because Raquel can't go on a bus! It is too dangerous and difficult for her. So we had the job of hunting down members! We found a member in the grocery store one day and she agreed to take them, Heaven inspired!! But we could NOT find anyone to bring them back. We called every member that we could think of that had a car and they either weren't going or did not respond. So we really didn't know what to do. But Hermana Chadwick said we were just going to go with faith and there would be someone there that could take them back! Of course, I was really nervous but I knew that if we went Heavenly Father would help us. When we got to the church there wasn't a single member there with a car, not one. So naturally Hermana Chadwick and I started to freak out a little. So before the session started we went outside and said a prayer. In the middle of the session in walks a member from our ward who just happens to have a car!! At the end of the session we ran over and asked if he was going home and he said yes! He agreed to take Raquel and Alicia home!! It was such a huge answer to our prayers!!
This past conference I felt like they talked a lot about how we need to have faith inquebrantable. In this world where everything is changing and the adversary is working harder than ever we cannot let down our defenses. Just like in the conference, we have to act sometimes even if we don't fully understand or  even if we can't see the full picture. I couldn't see the full picture in taking our two investigators to the church but in the end it worked out great!! I know that as we do the small and simple things that we will be able to have the faith sufficient to overcome whatever trial or temptation that the world may throw at us. Will it be difficult? More than likely, but we have the Lord's promises that as we do as we are asked and act with faith that we will be venciadores de nuestros enemigos, o sea, we will triumph over our enemies. I know this promise to be true. I have seen it in my own life and in the lives of others. I know that this gospel is true and that we are the only church upon the face of the earth to have a living prophet who leads and guides us today. I know that his words are the words that our heavenly father wants us to hear and it is our job to act upon them! I love you all and I hope that you have a fantastic week! 

Love,

Hermana Rich

Kim here....  :( no pictures this week!  hopefully there are pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment