Monday, April 10, 2017

March 13, 2017

Heyy familia!!!

Como andan?

This week has been a week of MIRACLES!!! Last Sunday as a country we fasted for missionary work! I have such a strong testimony of the power from ayuno! It has been soo amazing to see that when we show Heavenly Father we are willing to work to bring about blessings He blesses us with even more than we can imagine!! We have a couple, Cristina and Adan. We had a charla with them on Saturday night and had invited them to be baptized and they completely turned us down, completely. The Tuesday after the fast we decided to just read the Book of Mormon with them and at the end we invited them to be baptized and they accepted full heartedly! As I was looking back on this charla it was amazing to see how the spirit guided that charla! We, the missionaries did not even bring up the subject of baptism. Cristina and Adan started asking questions about it and now have a baptismal date to be baptized and later be sealed with their son who is already a member! We are soo excited for them!
 
Besides that, everyone we talk to it seems like is just a golden investigator, they are just sooo prepared to receive the gospel!! 

So I have never really shared this but when I first came in the mission our mission was really really struggling. We had a goal as a MISSION to have 30 baptisms in a month. This week we had our mission leader council reunion and we talked about how our goals have changed over this time. Our goal last month was to baptize 75 and the last week with our ayuno we reached a number of 85 BAPTISMS!!! More than triple the number we had the year before at this time of month. SO we had a kneeling prayer in this reunion to only thank our Heavenly Father for the success that he has blessed us with as a mission. The spirit filled the room soooo strongly. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I know that everything we have he has given unto us. He wants to bless us and for that reason he has given us so many ways to receive those blessings. We have the fast, the commandments, repentance, soo many ways!! I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and  my Savior that makes it possible for me to repent and be worthy of those blessings once again after having made a mistake! I love this gospel and I love you all!

Also, fun fact! About six months ago I was a witness for a couple to take a date to get married to get baptized. Last night my companion and I had to go help out with an open church (it is where everyone is welcome to come see the church and we teach the first two lessons in like five minutes). Well at this cappilla abierta in walked this couple and we recognized each other right away!! I never heard what happened and come to find out they got married and have been baptized for over three months now!! There are no coincedencias in the gospel!!!

Have a great weeek!!

Love,
Hermana Rich











No comments:

Post a Comment