Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 18, 2016

Hi everyone,

Kim again.  Unfortunately, no pictures this week.  The computer at the church wasn't working right so Mackenzie couldn't get any of the pictures to load.  Such a bummer!  And she said she had some great ones of their "Missionary Carnival."  Oh well...I'm hoping it's fixed so we can get pictures next week!  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Have a good week,
Kim


Hola familia!!  

This week was a very cold one but full of miracles!!  

Unfortunately we lost our baptism for this week but it was probably for the best. He wasn't willing to live up to the standards of the gospel but plans on trying again when he gets back from vacation in a month! But in return we got another baptismal date with Romi. She is the mother of my convert, Marcelo!! We also had 4 investigators in church this past week!! Antonio, Jorge, Fernando, and a friend from a member. This week we also found three new investigators!  

Last night we had quite the adventure. We came home from work and the lights went out immediately... so we planned in the dark...and got ready in the dark. Our bishop came and come to find out the electricity in our house is a disaster so we have to get it all redone! But at least we had gas to heat our study room while we waited for him to come!  

Today we had the GREATEST activity! We did a carnival with bounce houses, cotton candy, sports, and lots of food! It was so awesome and we had a HUGE turn out!! We are really changing the feel for missionary work in our rama!! So far we have three baptisms planned for the next three weeks, we will see if they turn out!! But either way the work is progressing a ton! 

This week we had a workshop...I can't think of the right word in english right now, about when Christ asks peter Do you love me? The elders then showed a video from Elder Holland explaining if we love our savior we can never go back to who we were before the mission. It really hit how that is so true. But not just for me, but for everyone. Every single one of us have been called to the work and we can never go back. Once we have had a spiritual experience we are changed and we can never go back to being that same person again if we truly love the Savior. I would like to invite you all to think of how you can show your love for the savior a little more as you work on your own personal progression. Change is never easy but it is necessary. I know that my mission has changed me forever and honestly, I never want to go back to the person I was forever. This calling that I have is eternal and I intend on magnifying it to the best of my abilities for the rest of my life. I didn't really understand that when I came out on the mission but now I do. I do and always will because I have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us and sent his son to atone for all our sins. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and brings us closer to Jesus Christ. I know that this is His church and He sits at the very head of it leading and guiding his Leaders to help us achieve the goals that our Heavenly Father has set for us. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!!
 
Love,
Hermana Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment