Saturday, July 30, 2016

July 25, 2016

Hello Everyone!

It was another good week for Mackenzie, but unfortunately still no pictures!  That's a little rough on the mom, not gunna lie!  But I'm keeping positive thoughts that next Monday will have pictures!  So here is this week's letter from Hermana Rich!!!!!

Hello family!!
This week has been a very interesting one to say the least!! It was full of water problems and of course miracles!!
 
As for the water problems...we had our kitchen flood with water from our sink and we had no hot water for four days. So we boiled hot water to shower and I got down saw we had some pipe problems with our sink. I tried to fix it but couldn't so our Ward mission leader came and fixed it for us hahaha. I am definitely learning a lot on the mission! 
 
This week we had three investigators at church and this past week we found four investigators. In total we have seven really solid investigators! Two have a baptismal date for August and we plan to put two more this week! 
 
The Lord really does pull his weight out here! We had an investigator that said she didn't want to get baptized and didn't know if she ever would and in our second charla (lesson) she asked what she needed to do to be baptized!! A complete change of heart, and I know it was all because of the Lord!
Something I learned this  week from a conference we had was that love is the "because" of everything. God loves us so he sends us commandments and we keep the commandments "because" we love him. Everything that we do is an act of love for Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. When I heard this I thought about Mosiah 2:41 when it talks about the happy state of those that keep the commandments. I know that if we keep the commandments we will be blessed. I actually have a funny story to go with that. My companion and  I were doing a contact in the street and at the end this lady said she had a question that she had always wanted to ask the missionaries. So then she asks us why we are always running to our house at night haha. It was a great opportunity to bear testimony of keeping the commandments or in this case the rules of the mission! But I know that as we keep the commandments we will not only be happy in this life but in the life to come! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
 
Love,
Hermana Rich
 

No comments:

Post a Comment